Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in The Gambia

I drove the 170km on my precariously packed bike.


I had to do 2 ferry crossings. The 1hr crossing my front tyre was touching the taxt in front of me and my back tyre was cm from the water with just a bit of chain inbetween - dont rock the boat!


First night down in Kombo and straight to a Christmas party - Christmas songs, chocolate log, mince pies, brandy butter, cheese and crackers and mulled wine.... and no this is not a volunteers house. This is the lifestyle I could have had if I stuck with science and came to the gambia to work for MRC.

Christmas Eve on the beach watching the sunset.

Christmas morning. Presents and Panatonne


Smoked salmon and scrambled egg breakfast. Thanks Lynn!

Off to the beach

Christmas earings.

Christmas dinner!


Party at Max's

With Kareoke

And finaly supper. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment